Since 1959, Devil’s Town has been under state protection. In 1995, by a decree of the Serbian government, it was proclaimed a natural asset of outstanding significance, so 67 hectares of its surface fall under the first protection category. During the campaign for Seven Natural World Wonders two years ago, much work was completed on the site – a 9km-long artery, a car park and a viewpoint were built, the path was illuminated, water was supplied and a maintenance service was organized with accompanying facilities. The decorative illumination enables nightly tours of the site, which is visited by more than 50,000 guests annually. In cooperation with the National Institute for the Protection of Cultural Monuments, a program for the expansion of the protected area, which is to be proclaimed a geological park, is being prepared.